A little off topic, but I added some notes on electrical stimulation for wound healing which I'm trying out myself.
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
I've updated my comparison of energy gels to include 4 European gels – High5, USN Vooma, SIS GO, ISOStar.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
What do you eat after 6 months on the ketogenic diet? I found I didn't go for the things I expected.
- I did have a bowl of ice cream and a slice of cake, but after that I didn't want more.
- I tried a bagel with peanut butter, which I enjoyed, but again, didn’t hit the spot in the way I expected.
- Toast is one of the few ‘high carb’ foods that I’ve liked as much as I thought I would.
- I've been eating way too many nuts. I've always loved nuts, and you can only have a small amount on the Ketogenic diet, so I've been craving them for some time.
- I never realized how much you could enjoy eating a tomato or some cucumber. I’ve really missed my salads.
- Fruit overall has not appealed much, but I'm not a big fruit eater.
- I'm still finding myself drawn to high fat foods and my diet could probably be classified as low carb by most standards.
- I've been continuing to consume 1-3 tablespoons of MCT per day, which means I may still have elevated blood ketone levels for at least some of the day.
- Being able to put milk in my tea is wonderful. You can sort of get used to heavy cream in tea, but it's not the same as you need the protein in the milk to bind to the tannin in the tea.
- I’ve been eating potato chips, though I want to find some that are made with better oil.
Monday, November 18, 2013
I’ve started to create my write up of the ketogenic diet. So far I have worked out the structure, splitting the information into 22 pages, which I hope will make it easier to follow and to find the information people need. I’ve created each of the pages, though the level of detail varies widely. I’ve been spending 30-60 minutes each day working on these articles, and I hope to maintain that effort. However, this is likely to be along project. If you have any feedback on the structure, please let me know.
- The classifications and types of Low Carbohydrate Diet.
- An introduction to the Ketogenic Diet.
- How the Ketogenic Diet can be used for the treatment and management of disease.
- Using the Ketogenic Diets to mitigate and treat Epilepsy
- A look at the possible mechanisms of action of the Ketogenic Diet
- Health Risks of the Ketogenic Diet
- The time frame and changes that occur with Ketoadaptation
- What are Ketones
- The pros and cons of the Ketogenic Diet for athletes
- The Types of Ketogenic Diet
- My Ketogenic Recipes
- Non-Ketogenic Low Carbohydrate Diets