- Electrolyte capsule. I don't use these very often, but they are useful if there are no other electrolytes available.
- Antacid tablets. Some foods can acidify the stomach, especially coke.
- Gas-x. Any gas can cause real pain when running, and it's hard to predict what will cause it.
- Ibuprofen. This is the strongest and the most dangerous of the pills I carry. I will post an entry specifically on Ibuprofen.
- Caffeine. The world's favorite recreational drug and the best plant neurotoxin! More seriously, I will write a post on this drug as well.
- Katadyn MicroPUR MP1. Having water purification tablets can be handy at times, especially on long trail runs. These are the smallest and most reliable on the market. http://tinyurl.com/yfkpar2
From left to right: Foam plug, MicroPUR (foil), Antacid (green), Gas-X (pink), ibuprofen (red), electrolyte capsules, caffeine (yellow)