While doing my run at Umstead and working the aid station overnight fixing blisters, I thought of a number of updates:
- Added some notes on the distinctive pattern of blisters I saw with the Hokas at Umstead as well as updating the section on preventing blisters in specific places.
- I created a short article talks about why the trivial task of lacing your shoes can become difficult on race day, and provides a solution. Zen and the art of shoe lacing. (I did add some notes on different lacing patterns as well, as most articles I've seen don't talk about the possible downsides to the various patterns.)
- Updated the recommendation to change your Garmin Heart Rate Monitor strap for a Polar strap with some notes on the two different types of replacement straps.
- Added details on how to determine if sore muscles are from Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or not.
- Included some notes the possibility of Gluten causing lower GI problems.